Humbled to have been nominated for the Liebster! Thank you Redhead at the Movies, browneyedtwentysomething, iwishidknown for the nomination and thank you Cinematic Frontier for creating the Liebster Award! The rules of the Liebster Award are the following:
1. The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
2. Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
3. Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you
First, 11 Random Facts about the original Chewy:
1. I am a native of Austin, TX
2. I am decent sketch artist
3. I started and played for my university’s D1 Varsity Men’s Soccer Program
4. Of course, I am huge fan of soccer. My bias leans towards towards an English Premeire League Mid-Table regular — Stoke City FC
5. I majored in Marketing, with a minor in Psychology — GPA: Hunnid %
6. Dancing is a hobby of mine
Why did you decide to start a blog?
Although my watch-to-blog ratio could never be an even 1, I decided to start writing so that I could record my movie/tv show thoughts and remarks. My reviews are short, and they are this way because I believe a reader shouldn’t spend too much time on one review, because there are too many other good reviews out there to dwell on just one.
Write your own personals ad
Groovy dude looking to chill with some guys – “not gay sex”
What is your favorite book?
The Martian – Andy Weir
Tell me an embarrassing childhood memory
Me, as a 5 year old returning from the bathroom in kindergarden –
“Umm I think I may have accidentally…”
My kindergarden teacher –
“Bailey, you don’t have to tell me I can smell you from right here”
Socks and shoes or barefoot?
Ive got tan feet
Favorite movie and why?
I seriously couldn’t even begin to answer this question – so maybe Spaceballs?
What is one thing you could do without? Anything applies.
Cell Phones – for the betterment of society
Weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? (Sheep brain. Seriously.)
Fish eyeballs – they tasted like fish eyeballs
If money was eradicated and the world developed a barter system, what skill could you provide to trade?
What kind of superpower would you choose to have, if you could?
Flight – Superman flying not bird flying
What is your idea of a personal hell?
Sitting in a room with a bunch of old guys chewy on foods of multiple textures…just chewing…chewing…and chewing
My nominated blogs:
Questions for those who I nominated:
1. Favorite TV or movie heroine?
2. Name one movie you thought you wouldn’t like that you did?
3. Name one movie you thought you were going to like but you didn’t?
4. What’s your opinion on the recent trend of films-turned-TV-shows (ie- Parenthood, About a Boy, and Bad Teacher)
5. What’s your favorite and least favorite genre?
6. Name something that is technically “bad” within pop culture (like a poorly reviewed film or a short-lived TV show) that you love– like a guilty pleasure you’d defend no matter what.
7. Name an actor or actress you can’t stand even if you have no good reason for disliking them.
8. Name a cancelled TV show you’d bring back OR a movie that you think should be remade.
9. Favorite era or decade within film or pop culture at large?
10. What random or obscure pop culture thing would you love there to be a convention for or which would you want to attend, if there already exists a convention for it?
11. What specific film technique or narrative trope drives you crazy when you see it?